Tools that can be used and make creating open educational resources (OER) easy and efficient.
- Creative Commons is a nonprofit organization that enables the sharing and use of creativity and knowledge through free legal tools.
Courseload is an institutional solution for the delivery and use of eTextbooks and digital course materials in higher education.
- Educause is a nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
Google for Education: Google Apps for Education is free for schools with 24/7 support at no cost. Create, share, and edit files in real-time. Everyone is on the same page, and that page is automatically stored in the cloud. Enjoy a consistent experience from any computer, tablet, or phone. Work anywhere and anytime.
Moodle is a learning platform designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments. Moodle is provided freely as Open Source software, under the GNU General Public License.
Open Assembly enables every instructor and student to access, remix, and retain open educational learning resources (OER) on demand, anytime, anywhere. Made for sharing.
- OpenClass is a dynamic learning environment that helps educators bring social learning and experiences to their students. It’s open to everyone, easy to use, and totally free.
- OLAT (Online Learning and Training) is an Open Source LMS (Learning Management System) tailored to the needs of Universities and Higher Education institutions.
- Open of Course provides educators and students with Multilingual and Free Online Courses and Tutorials. It also offers free Moodle hosting for people willing to share their knowledge under an open content license.
SchoolTool is an open source, web based student information system designed for schools in the developing world, with strong support for translation, localization and automated deployment and updates via the Ubuntu Linux installer and package management system.
WikiEducator is an evolving community intended for the collaborative:
- planning of education projects linked with the development of free content
- development of free content on Wikieducator for e-learning
- work on building open education resources (OERs) on how to create OERs
- networking on funding proposals developed as free content